Saturday, November 14, 2009

Can anyone help me identify this shrub?

When I was young, my mother had a shrub in her yard that I have not been able to find anywhere, especially since I don't know its name. It was destroyed many years ago, so I will describe it.





It was a small compact shrub, about 2 feet tall and 2 or 3 feet across. It grew in a perfect mound shape, with the thin branches sort of weeping to form the tight mound. The branches reminded me of the branches of scotch broom, but the shape was nothing like scotch broom. The blooms reminded me of forsythia blooms or carolina jessamine blooms, and it bloomed about the same time as those (early spring). Still, it didn't have the shape of either. It was really pretty with its short ball-shaped mound.





This plant was planted by my mother in the 1940s if that helps. If anyone knows what this might be, please let me know or tell me a website where I might find one for sale.

Can anyone help me identify this shrub?
Jasminum nudiflorum Winter Jasmine .http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0geu5x234tHEo...
Reply:Hi:


That is a tough one and I have been sitting here trying to think of some plant specimens from your descriptions. Could it be some variety of a Spirea, Kerria, dwarf Viburnum, or maybe a dwarf flowering Quince shrub. I am not sure what climate zone you live in.





If you have any other information, please feel free to contact me at my website. I would be happy to try and help you find the name of this special shrub. I will link you to my gallery of plant sections. There are a variety of different plants you could view. I will also link you to my site map, as this page has everything that is on the website. There are some different specimens and pictures on some other sections. Good luck to you and have a great day! I hope you find the identity of the shrub so you can plant it!


Kimberly


http://www.landscape-solutions-for-you.c...





http://www.landscape-solutions-for-you.c...


No comments:

Post a Comment